According to feng shui, plants in the home are able to attract blissful energy. The presence of indoor plants in a dwelling has a beneficial effect on the psychological climate and human health. If the best feng shui indoor plants are selected competently, it will be possible not only to improve the quality of the air in the house but also to improve the well-being of those living in it, to give success in all matters and spheres of life.
What type of plants are good for feng shui?
What rules should be followed when choosing and breeding indoor plants?
- At the stage of plant selection, you need to pay attention to the sprouts: it is good if they are directed upwards. These plants are perfect if you want a positive atmosphere in your home. On the other hand, plants with drooping sprouts are believed to attract negative events and are a kind of “energy vampires”;
- if we talk about the shape of the plant, then round leaves are preferable, sharp ones bring negative;
- in feng shui, plants are believed to be male and female. Therefore, it is especially important to place plants that are suitable for the owner of the premises by gender;
- it is not recommended to place dry plants in the house. If you like ikebana, give her a separate space in your summer cottage;
- do not place too many plants in the bedroom, in particular, near the bed;
- Feng Shui experts believe that large plants have more energy than small ones. Therefore, in cases where you urgently need to change the atmosphere in the house, it is recommended to choose exactly large flowers;
- most often, negative energy accumulates in hard-to-reach places: corners, shelves, storage rooms. It is there that it is recommended to place plants to restore a harmonious atmosphere;
- especially moisture-loving plants should be planted in red pots.
Here is guide on DIY Self-Watering System For Indoor Plants.
where should feng shui plants be placed indoors?
By understanding the patterns of placing flowers in Feng Shui, you can skillfully control the energy flows in the room. Houseplants can block the negative effects of Shcha or suspend overly intense Qi. If the Chi flows are too powerful, it can negatively affect the atmosphere. Shcha energy arises where there are too many sharp corners. Plants will help to minimize the effect of negative currents in the home.
Feng Shui includes 5 basic elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Wood and Metal. Each of the elements has specific characteristics and, accordingly, each needs an individual space in the house. Plants belong to the Wood element, so the most successful option for their placement is the eastern side (or southeast). The tree in feng shui symbolizes financial and life well-being, the realization of dreams, health and personal growth.
But there are flowers that are attributed to other elements. For example, purple, pink, red flowers belong to Fire, because of this, the southern sector is considered the most successful location. Shades in feng shui science play a huge role, therefore it is recommended to pay close attention to the color of the selected plants and their future location. When flowering starts, it is worth moving the Fire plant to the southern part of the room. This will activate the Chi energy and improve the atmosphere of the southern sector. The location of the plant can affect its effectiveness. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully place flowers around the house:
- it is recommended to place plants only in the corresponding parts of the house. It is recommended to plant a money tree in the wealth zone. In any other zone, it will lose its effectiveness;
- in the bedroom it is worth adhering to the principle “the less is the better”, especially near the bed;
- do not place pots in a space between doors or between a window and a door. This location is considered unfavorable;
- you should not plant thorny plants where you rest: they can interfere with the restoration of vital energies. Accommodation in the south-western sector is not recommended: this can adversely affect personal life;
- fruiting and flowering plants are perfect for the kitchen;
- for the western sector, white flowers will be the most successful choice. This placement will provide understanding and harmony between generations and create the ideal atmosphere for creativity;
- cacti are recommended to be placed in the northern sector of the house.
best feng shui indoor plants
In order for the plant to act as efficiently as possible, it is necessary to rationally choose it in accordance with individual needs and the location where you plan to plant the flower. Here is the best feng shui indoor plants.
This plant can be an excellent donor of creative energy. If you permanently feel tired and exhausted, you should figure out which plants will restore vigor and vitality. Azalea will give a “second wind”, inspiration to those people who get tired just after waking up. Azalea revives its owner, develops empathy. The delicate scent of the flower provides concentration, the ability to focus on the important, brush aside the less important. Physically, it helps to improve the condition of the cardiovascular system and improves blood supply. With azalea, you should be very careful and caring.
You may also like best detoxifying indoor plants.
This green plant has long, delicate leaves. Guzmania provides a good mood, prevents depressive conditions. The flower is recommended to be placed in the eastern or southwestern parts of the house. Guzmania gives pacification, peace, harmony of relationships, red color helps to keep love feelings. A yellow flower will provide financial enrichment and good luck. Putting a diploma next to Guzmania, you can become more successful in the professional field.
Different feng shui plants perform different kinds of functions. Callas protect the house they are in. They help to keep love in marriage, give youth and visual appeal. This plant will help relieve stress and encourage you to decide on important things. Powerful power is endowed not only with the flower itself, but with the image with it.
Check it out best indoor plants for dust allergy.
Crassula is the fourth in our listing of the best feng shui indoor plants. This plant is called the powerful money tree. Crassula can influence financial well-being, giving success in all areas. It is recommended to place these flowers in the southeastern part of the house. It is best to grow the tree yourself so that it feels the love of the owner and recognizes the atmosphere of the room. You can put coins or ribbons on it by placing them on a red or crimson napkin with hieroglyphs for financial well-being.
A tree of incredible beauty, with a subtle heavenly scent with white-yellow and crimson petals. The plant symbolizes eternal life and victory over death. In Thailand, it is customary to place the plant near holy places, churches. The tree has gained great popularity in Hawaii and is endowed with a sacred meaning. It is recommended to place the plumeria on the south side of the room, the tree is perfect for the bedroom. In addition to its aesthetic characteristics, the plant has the ability to give health and well-being to home owners.
The Brazilian shrub produces beautiful orange flowers. Housed in an apartment, nematanthus plants will keep other green friends indoors. Planted near nematanthus, even seriously ill plants get a chance to recover. A friend from Brazil will give a person health and mental balance, as well as financial prosperity. It is most important to take care of the plant to keep it in good condition.
Want to know about is baking soda good for houseplants?
Violet is associated with Yin energy. The flower attracts financial well-being and physical health. Red pink flowers give vitality, and white ones – peace and confidence in the future. Blue palette flowers provide motivation and inspiration.
The aroma of the plant provides a calming effect, relieves stress, gives success in endeavors, good luck in all areas of activity. The flower is referred to as Yin energy. The smell of geraniums repels insects. It is not recommended to place geraniums where the owners are most often.
If you have frequent guests, begonia will prevent negative energy flows from entering the house. The room will be filled with wholesome energy.
The tree will relieve negative emotions and aggressive manifestations, give peace. Able to endow with energy, concentration, enthusiasm. Drives away depressive conditions. It is important to know that it is not recommended to place ficus in the marriage zone: located in this sector, it can spoil interpersonal relationships.
Often grown from seed. This plant has a positive energy, gives the room and family members happiness. Helps to aim at the most important, relieves of sadness, negative emotions, gives hope for the best.
Perfect for rooms with negative energy, as they feed on negative currents. It is not recommended to be placed in a room with a sick person.
Promote promotion at work, in particular, improve relationships between partners. Great for offices and work areas.
Many people believe that cacti carry negative energy, but with a rational approach, they are able to rid the room of electromagnetic waves. Benefit when placed next to technical devices. If you plant a cactus on a windowsill, it will prevent theft in your home.
Provides financial well-being. Feng Shui experts advise you to plant a tree yourself by placing coins at the bottom of the pot. When the tree grows, you need to wrap the branches with ribbons and coins, put the pot in the southeast zone.
It is last in our rating of best feng shui indoor plants. They have a good influence on children: they help in their studies, promote the development of mental abilities. Perfect for a child’s room.
See also Best soil to use for houseplants.
Are artificial flowers good for feng shui?
Feng Shui believes that all indoor plants carry a positive charge. It is only recommended to avoid poisonous flowers and dried plants. Plants that are withered take up energy and vitality. Artificial flowers are in no way inferior in efficiency to living ones.
Feng Shui experts believe that artificial specimens have a positive energy and are perfect for those sectors where it is not desirable to place fresh flowers. For example, a bathroom saturated with moisture or areas close to a fire can be lethal to living plants. In this case, the use of artificial specimens may become relevant. It was stated above that it is recommended to place as few living plants as possible in the bedroom: this is due to the fact that a sleeping person is vulnerable to rotting processes that occur in plant pots. Therefore, artificial plants are great for the bedroom. Feng Shui supports the idea that artificial specimens are relevant for wet rooms, bed headboards, or in the kitchen. The most powerful flowers in terms of energy are: peony, orchid,
Images with flowers in the teaching of feng shui
The science of feng shui interprets drawings with flowers and paintings as a kind of portals that can endow the room in which they are located with powerful energy. Indoor, forest, mountain plants are great for images placed in living rooms, guaranteeing the flow of streams of happiness and good luck. Each flower is endowed with a hidden meaning:
- peonies and poppies will give an important meeting, and will provide a married couple with understanding and harmony;
- lotus guarantees authority, respect and well-being;
- white lily and lily of the valley symbolize purity and balance in the house;
- the orchid guarantees mutual understanding and many children;
- chrysanthemum balances the heart and mind;
- roses give life to positive energy, give prosperity in love.
For paintings depicting flowers, the south-western sector of the room is best suited. If it is necessary to restore mutual understanding in a married couple, it is better to hang the picture in the bedroom. When you need to improve relations between family members, it is worth placing the picture in the living room, between employees in the team – in the study. It is rational to place an image with a plant favorable for Feng Shui exactly where it is required to restore harmony and harmony.